I admit it. I am the last person on the planet (well, probably the last person on this site) who hasn’t read Karen Marie Moning‘s Fever series. I have meant to. Promised to. Hell, I even made it a New Year’s resolution. I bought the first book three times (hardcover, paperback, gave the hardcover away and bought the hardcover again) and the next four twice (softcover then hardcover), so you know I mean business. And might I mention that the first few were a bugger to track down in hardcover? I ended up taking my chances on ebay, and since I don’t do used books I was very hesitant. Turns out I got all four first books, in perfect shape, for 15 bucks total. Score. Well, tomorrow night I start on book one, Darkfever. I am determined to get the series done in time for Iced at the end of October.
Well, I was having trouble figuring out quite what to make of Iced. Young adult or adult? Separate series or spin off? I thought that my confusion came from not having read Mac and Barrons, but turns out I was not alone. So, I was mighty pleased to find some definitive answers over on Karen Marie Moning’s Facebook page. Here are a few highlights…
- They are NOT young adult. They are adult books featuring a teenage protagonist, from what I gather.
- Dani’s character starts off at age 14, and progresses to age 17.
- Iced is neither a new series nor a spin-off series. It is being considered book 6 of the Fever series, just told from a different point of view.
- While Dani is the main voice, there are other first person points of view used, as well.
- Burned and Flayed are Fever 7 and 8, also from mainly Dani’s point of view.
- Books 9 and 10 will return to Mac and Barrons, and be from Mac’s point of view. Mostly.
Any other Fever world Noobies like me? Who else is planning a mini-marathon to get ready for Iced?