- Originally, Ilona Andrews‘ next Kate book, now titled Magic Rises, had been scheduled for end of February. There has been quite a push-back, however, and it is now showing up as a July release. That sucks, but it is guaranteed to be worth the wait.
- For my fellow Jennifer L. Armentrout fans, there is a bit of good news. Really good news. There will be a stand-alone (at least stand alone for now) Lux spin-off book titled Obsession. The hero will be…wait for it…an Arum. Didn’t see that one coming. Goodreads shows it as a March 2013 release.
- Somehow I missed it, but the next In Death book from J.D. Robb will be released next February. Calculated in Death is the title, and I have no clue how I will ever, ever get this series read. Seriously, it makes the Dark-Hunter mountain look tiny in comparison.
- The second book from Pamela Palmer‘s new Vamp City series has a title and a release date. A Kiss of Blood will be hitting the shelves on June 25th.
- Darynda Jones‘ Charley Davidson #5, Fifth Grave Past the Light, is now available for preorder. It will be released next July.
- Oooh, almost forgot. I found the blurb for the next Pride book from Shelly Laurenston, Wolf with Benefits. Looks like it is Ricky Lee’s turn (I was so hoping)…
Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?
Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…
On the “business” side of things, I have been playing around with a couple of things on site…
- I have changed the monthly new release pages just a bit, so that the headings are…less ugly, I guess…and the adult releases are headed in blue, young adult in green. Made it a bit easier to keep track of, I guess.
- Keep an eye on the new release pages, since there is a crap-load to add over the coming days (er, weeks. Who am I kidding?).
- Also, the monthly new release pages have been updated to reflect the latest available covers and blurbs available as of a couple of days ago. And I noticed that there have been a lot of release dates changed, so that will be addressed shortly as well.
- I am still way, way behind on Character Guides, but I do have a plan. I am aiming to have the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning finished before the release of Iced, but not sure I can make it. Charley Davidson #3 still has to be redone, hopefully by the end of the month, too. Archangel’s Storm hasn’t been forgotten, but I am trying to get the series done that have new releases coming up soon done first.
- I have a guide done for Gena Showalter‘s Alice in Zombieland, and I am starting Kresley Cole‘s Poison Princess as we speak. They should both be upped by next week. It is so much easier to start a guide from the beginning of a series, rather than going back and having to redo 10 books to get caught up.
I think that is about it. Looks like right now I am going to focus on updating the Guides and the new releases, then correcting the wonky release dates, then the series reading list section and completed series pages, roughly in that order. And then the author pages. And then the site background and giveaway banners…well, you get the idea. As always, if you can think of any suggestions or improvements, give a shout through the Contact Me page.