Hey all…heading out for a few days, but I should be back on Tuesday evening. If anything exciting happens, just leave a comment here to keep me in the loop and I will get caught up when I get back. Have a good weekend, everyone!
You know when you have time off and you make big plans to get a ton of stuff done? Things that you have been putting off for months, that you tell yourself “I will get ALL of that done when I am off”, but the list has gotten so damned big that you can’t possibly get to it all? That was me, this week. Here is how my reading/blogging to-do list looked at the start of my vacation…
- reformat all author pages to include all of their non-PNR/UF series, change the links and do new graphics for the character guide links.
- add a couple of new Featured Author pages.
- finish re-doing the links for at least three pages of the Series Reading List pages.
- check to make sure all of the new release dates were current, and add all new cover art and blurbs to the monthly summaries.
- add the new releases I have gathered over the last couple of weeks.
- get at least 4 character guides up to date.
Yeah, most of that didn’t happen. I did get the new release dates double checked and covers and blurbs added, so things are current as of September 1st. Surprisingly, there weren’t a lot of shifts in release dates this time, so mostly what you were looking forward to should still be on schedule.
I did also manage to get the character guide updated for Gena Showalter‘s Angels of the Dark series, and half of the Dark Skye info added for the Immortals After Dark one, too. I am half-way through the re-read of Rule Breaker, so the Breeds one should be done soonish, as well. That means I am only behind on 8 or 9 now. Beauty.
As for the author pages, I got a grand total of two done. The Alexandra Ivy and Cassandra Clare sections, to be precise. Things are pretty much the same, but I have added a few new things. I dropped the biographical stuff, for the most part, but I did add a listing of all of their series and what genre they were on the front page (like adding Alexandra Ivy’s historicals written under the name Deborah Raleigh, that sort of thing). I also added a little “On the Horizon” section for those upcoming titles where there isn’t much info yet. If you find it awkward or confusing, just let me know.
The biggest thing I did manage to get done was all of my bookshelves cleaned and organized, and all of my books vacuumed. Individually. One. By. One. It is at those moments that I really hate my love of book hoarding. But see…the pretty…
I am working on changing the links for the Series Reading List pages over to Goodreads, and since I am stripping everything down I decided I might as well update as much as possible while I am doing it. I have added some, deleted some, and updated a lot, and things were chugging along until I hit IT. I have been hearing more and more lately how much you all like Jayne Ann Krentz and her alter egos Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick, so I thought I better check and make sure I had everything covered.
I can honestly say it took a good, solid couple of hours to figure this monster list out, and I thought I would post it here to see if you all can make sense of it. Not only are there three author names to contend with, but so much series overlapping it boggles the brain. What do you think?
Arcane Society (Series Complete)
- #1 – Second Sight (as Amanda Quick)
- #2 – White Lies (as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #3 – Sizzle and Burn (as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #4 – The Third Circle (as Amanda Quick)
- #5 – Running Hot (as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #6 – The Perfect Poison (as Amanda Quick)
- #7 – Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy #1 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #8 – Burning Lamp (Dreamlight Trilogy #2 – as Amanda Quick)
- #9 – Midnight Crystal (Dreamlight Trilogy #3, Harmony #7, Curtain #8 – as Jayne Castle)
- #9.5 – The Scargill Cove Case Files (Looking Glass Trilogy #.5 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #10 – In Too Deep (Looking Glass Trilogy #1 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #11 – Quicksilver (Looking Glass Trilogy #2 – as Amanda Quick)
- #12 – Canyons of Night (Looking Glass Trilogy #3, Harmony #8, Rainshadow #.5, Curtain #11 – as Jayne Castle)
Curtain (Jayne Castle)
- #.5 – Bridal Jitters
- #1 – After Dark (Ghost Hunter #1, Harmony #1)
- #2 – After Glow (Ghost Hunter #2, Harmony #2)
- #3 – Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunter #3, Harmony #3)
- #4 – Silver Master (Ghost Hunter #4, Harmony #4)
- #5 – Dark Light (Ghost Hunter #5, Harmony #5)
- #6 – Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunter #6, Harmony #6)
- #7 – Amaryllis (St. Helen’s #1)
- #8 – Midnight Crystal (Dreamlight Trilogy #3, Arcane Society #9, Harmony #7)
- #9 – Zinnia (St. Helen’s #2)
- #10 – Orchid (St. Helen’s #3)
- #11 – Canyons of Night (Looking Glass Trilogy #3, Arcane Society #12, Rainshadow #.5, Harmony #8 – as Jayne Ann Krentz
Dark Legacy (as Janye Ann Krentz)
Dreamlight Trilogy (Series Complete)
- #1 – Fired Up (Arcane Society #7 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #2 – Burning Lamp (Arcane Society #8 – as Amanda Quick)
- #3 – Midnight Crystal (Arcane Society #9, Harmony #7, Curtain #8 – as Jayne Castle)
Ghost Hunter (as Jayne Castle – Series Complete)
- #1 – After Dark (Harmony #1, Curtain #1)
- #2 – After Glow (Harmony #2, Curtain #2)
- #3 – Ghost Hunter (Harmony #3, Curtain #3)
- #4 – Silver Master (Harmony #4, Curtain #4)
- #5 – Dark Light (Harmony #5, Curtain #5)
- #6 – Obsidian Prey (Harmony #6, Curtain #6)
Gift Series (as Jayne Ann Krentz – Series Complete)
Harmony Series (as Jayne Castle)
- #.5 – Bridal Jitters
- #1 – After Dark (Ghost Hunter #1, Curtain #1)
- #2 – After Glow (Ghost Hunter #2, Curtain #2)
- #3 – Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunter #3, Curtain #3)
- #4 – Silver Master (Ghost Hunter #4, Curtain #4)
- #5 – Dark Light (Ghost Hunter #5, Curtain #5)
- #6 – Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunter #6, Curtain #6)
- #7 – Midnight Crystal (Dreamlight Trilogy #3, Arcane Society #9, Curtain #8)
- #8 – Canyons of Night (Looking Glass Trilogy #3, Arcane Society #12, Rainshadow #.5, Curtain #11)
- #9 – The Lost Night (Rainshadow #1)
- #10 – Deception Cove (Rainshadow #2)
- #11 – The Hot Zone (Rainshadow #3)
Ladies of Lantern Street (as Amanda Quick)
Looking Glass Trilogy (Series Complete)
- #.5 – The Scargill Cove Case Files (Arcane Society #9.5 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #1 – In Too Deep (Arcane Society #10 – as Jayne Ann Krentz)
- #2 – Quicksilver (Arcane Society #11 – as Amanda Quick)
- #3 – Canyons of Night (Arcane Society #12, Harmony #8, Rainshadow #.5, Curtain #11 – as Jayne Castle)
Lost Colony (as Jayne Ann Krentz – Series Complete)
Rainshadow (as Jayne Castle)
- #.5 – Canyons of Night (Looking Glass Trilogy #3, Harmony #8, Arcane Society #12, Curtain #11)
- #1 – The Lost Night (Harmony #9)
- #2 – Deception Cove (Harmony #10)
- #3 – The Hot Zone (Harmony #11)
St. Helen’s (as Jayne Castle – Series Complete)
Whispering Springs (as Jayne Ann Krentz – Series Complete)
Can you follow it, or is it just a jumble? I can’t really figure out another way to do it without color coding, diagrams, and perhaps flow charts.
Not sure what exactly is going on with the blog, but either WordPress or Wicked Scribes is acting pretty wonky. Things aren’t opening for me to update or post on the main computer, so I am just managing to post on the tablet for some reason.
*Yay, me. Fixed. I think.
Nalini Singh is one of my two absolutely favorite authors, so when I get a surprise package in the mail from her, I get more than a little excited. Once again, I wasn’t expecting it, but today I got the wonderful surprise of an ARC of Archangel’s Shadows. Behold the beauty…
This week has been a total crap-fest in terms of finding anything interesting to post. Not much news, no really interesting covers. No new series started up to highlight, and I didn’t even have a pick of the week since new releases were pretty thin. So, I thought I would see would be interesting to see what everyone found to read this week, and what you thought of it.
I am still reading Kresley Cole‘s Dark Skye. I started just straight reading it, but then I thought I might as well go back and start over and make notes to update the Immortals After Dark character guide. I am liking it so far, but I also have had no problems putting the book down and walking away for a couple of days, which for me is unheard of for an IAD book. Not sure why, since I have wanted Thronos and Lanthe’s story ever since they were introduced, but I had a hard time mustering my normal excitement before it was released, and it has carried over to reading it. It is usually a “count the days” series. Hell, I have even made the four hour round trip drive to buy them on release day before, but this time? Not so much.
What are you reading, and what did you think of it? Any surprises, good or bad?
Because I like to try and keep things interesting, I was wondering who you would like to see added to the author pages? Lorraine mentioned Lynsay Sands, but are there any others you find tricky to keep track of and would like to see organized into their own section?
Also, I have pretty much limited the info on the authors I have already done to cover only their paranormal/urban fantasy series, but would you like it to expand to cover the other genres? For example, Cynthia Eden has added romantic suspense to her works, Kresley Cole has gone to some more erotic types, and Nalini Singh has a New Adult series in the works. Let me know if expanding is something you would find useful, and I will see what comes up.
Let me start this off by saying that I had absolutely nothing to do with this – all of the time and effort was put in by PhoenixFyre. All I did was copy and paste all of her work, and I owe her a big thanks. Guides are fun to do, but they are very time consuming – especially when you are doing a series as big and as detailed as J.R. Ward‘s Black Dagger Brotherhood. Not to mention, she also lost all of her notes at one point and had to start over again at the beginning.
Alright everybody, behold the monstrous Black Dagger Brotherhood Character Guide. Enjoy!
Lea Ellen sent over a message to say that she isn’t getting her e-mail notifications when I make a new post. Is anyone else who subscribes having any difficulty?
I haven’t had the chance to do up the graphics yet, or add the many, many links everywhere they belong, but I finally got the character guide finished for Ilona Andrews‘ Kate Daniels series. I was determined to finish it before Magic Breaks came out, but this is a long one. I mean loooong. I should have the linkage and stuff done tonight, but if you want to check it out it can be found HERE.
Now I just have to go an update the other guides, which are all pretty much one book behind, and then finish the Fever series. And PhoenixFyre is working on both of J.R. Ward’s series. Back to work!