I just got back from seeing City of Bones. Now, I must admit that I started to hunt for reviews a few days back, and things seemed up in the air. Some thought it was great, some loathed it on principle alone. Rotten Tomatoes has is as a 13% as of me writing this (and Beautiful Creatures had a 46%!). Turns out that once again, I didn’t agree with the critics. Was it a masterpiece that copied the book verbatim? No. Can’t happen. But I thought it was a decent movie, it made me smile more than once, and I can’t wait for the sequel.
I updated the author pages yesterday, and there are a couple of little things that I found that caught my attention.
- for those of you who are fans of the Bayou Heat e-series Alexandra Ivy co-writes with Laura Wright, there will be at least three more full books and a Christmas story. It looks like the series will continue pretty regularly through 2014.
- Updated to say that Bloodlines #5 from Richelle Mead now has a title – Silver Shadows. It is due out early next summer.
- Chloe Neill will have a Luc and Lindsey novella in the upcoming Kicking It anthology (due out on December 3rd), and an e-novella that features Jeff and Fallon called Howling for You which will be available on January 7th. I know the series was contracted for 10 books, and it looks like the 10th will be released next August. I am not sure at this point if Blood Games will indeed be the final book, or perhaps just start a new arc?
- I am warily circling Gena Showalter after her last few books, but I have to admit that I was more than a little happy to find out that Torin’s story is up next. The Darkest Touch will be released sometime in 2014. Now if only we could find out when the next Alien Huntress book will be out (featuring Dallas, of course).
- Booo! Karen Marie Moning‘s next Fever World book, Burned, has been pushed back yet again to a July 22nd release. There has been talk from the author herself that she might change from the two more Dani and two more Mac books into just two more books total, so here’s hoping that this isn’t an indicator of that.
- And it looks like Kresley Cole has a super secret project in the works. She has said that she will be making an announcement soon, but when I did a quick search over on Amazon I saw that she has listings for three as-yet untitled e-books. Whatever they are, they are going to be released on December 9th, December 16th, and January 6th respectively. Hmm, makes me wonder.
- Oh, and the summary for Crave the Night from Lara Adrian has been upped. This one is Nathan’s story, and it will be out on February 25th. You can find the synopsis HERE.
- Likewise, the summary for the next Sentinel Wars book, Willing Sacrifice, has been added to the Shannon K. Butcher page. I had hoped it was Torr and Grace, and I was right. You can find the summary HERE.
- Well, there used to be an author section for C.L. Wilson, so I guess that counts. It turns out that she has finished the long, long awaited The Winter King, and it is now in the hands of her editor. It has a scheduled publication date of…August. 2014. Or a year from now. Yep.
So, did you catch City of Bones? What did you think? Have you heard anything about Kresley Cole’s upcoming project? And what do you think the odds are of the Winter King ever actually getting released? And at this point, do you really care?