I thought for something a little different, I would start a thread about what direction we see some of our popular series heading in for the next year. Sometimes, you just get a vibe about something, so let’s share our wild theories and predictions. Here are a few of mine…
- Hm, not so much a wild prediction, I will admit, but I figure that the next Elder Races book from Thea Harrison (the first self-pubbed, and based in the UK) will feature King Oberon of the Dark Fae. Now, smart money is probably on the Magical dude, Morgan, but I am going with the King.
- On the subject of wild speculation, I am taking bets that Kresley Cole has introduced Nix’s other half. My completely crack-pot theory is that Orion the Undoing ends up with Nix. I have been wondering who exactly could handle the Nixinator, and Orion is about the only one I have seen who stands a chance.
- Even though there hasn’t been much (any) news on the Breeds front, I am still sticking by my prediction that Lora Leigh pairs Cassie with the Wolf Breed Rhyzan Brannigan. I know most people are thinking it might be Dog, but I am going with the Assistant Director of the Bureau of Breed Affairs. I just got the vibe the minute he showed up, out of the blue.
- And I know that pretty much everyone figure that Nalini Singh‘s Venom will end up with Sorrow, but I am still going in a different direction. Even though Archangel’s Enigma gave me a very Illium/Aodhan vibe (I am not alone on that one, am I?), I have it stuck in my head that Illium and Sorrow will be a couple. Here is my theory – Illium loves mortals, which Sorrow is/was, and with her unknown status it is a bit more dramatic than Illium loving a human who then becomes vampire so they can have their HEA (its been done). And, with Sorrow’s terror of angels, there is a bit extra drama. My back-up plan is totally Illium and Aodhan, though.
- Still on the Guild Hunter books, I was thinking that it could be a Suyin (Lijuan’s rescued niece) and Aodhan pairing, since they are both artists and all, but I have had a change of heart. I am thinking a nice novella of Kier and Suyin is in our future. Or at least I am hoping.
- And I pretty sure I have mentioned this one before, but I am thinking that Jackson Deveau has a link to bad guy Evan Shackler-Gratsos in his past. In the Sea Haven books, Jackson’s father was a biker and he is being hunted by a biker gang, and Shackler-Gratsos runs a criminal empire biker gang, so I am thinking that the two are one and the same. It might be a way for Christine Feehan to link the two series together even further, I figure.
Ok, your turn. Any weird theories that you just can’t prove? Anything you are hoping to see, or rumors you have heard?