Just like the title of the post says, what’s going on? Things have been on the quiet side, there hasn’t been much to write about, so I thought I would see if you have seen anything exciting to share. For me, I found a few tidbits, but nothing earth-shaking…
- J.D. Robb‘s 45th In Death book will be called Secrets in Death, and it will be out on August 8th of next year.
- Christine Feehan‘s next Dark book will be called Dark Legacy, with a release date of September 5th. And the next Leopard series will be called Leopard’s Blood, with a due date of September 26th. And the second book of her new Shadows series, Shadow Reaper, is due out on May 30th.
- Still on Christine Feehan, we all know that her Sisters of the Heart series is wrapping up next year. It looks like the spin-off series that will focus on the Russian agents that grew up with Viktor Prakenskii will be called Torpedo Ink. Uh, what? Please, please don’t tell me that it will be a literal translation and all 27 of those dudes will be tattoo artists. Biker/psychic/super-agent/assassin/tattoo artists.Please? I would seriously LOL.
- I am not sure what is up with Rob Thurman‘s scheduled next release, Everwar. It was listed as a December 6th release, but there isn’t a cover out as yet. The American Amazon site doesn’t list it, but the UK one does. Goodreads says December 6th, but Indigo lists it as 2035. In my hunting for info on it, I stumbled across a bunch of stuff on Twitter which didn’t set quite right with me, even though it was a year old. Basically, she said that she believed she would be dropped by her publisher, which is very sad. But then she blamed her fans for her publishing and financial situation (!), which made me more than a little uncomfortable. You can see what I mean HERE, HERE, and HERE. HERE is a Facebook post where she goes into a bit more detail. Yeah. So, not sure what is going on with upcoming books, but I have to admit I probably won’t spend too much time looking, either.
- Finally! There is an official blurb for Karen Marie Moning‘s last(ish) Fever book, Feversong…
#1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning returns with the epic conclusion to her pulse-pounding Fever series, where a world thrown into chaos grows more treacherous at every turn. As Mac, Barrons, Ryodan, and Jada struggle to restore control, enemies become allies, right and wrong cease to exist, and the lines between life and death, lust and love, disappear completely.
Black holes loom menacingly over Dublin, threatening to destroy the Earth. Yet the greatest danger is the one MacKayla Lane has unleashed from within: the Sinsar Dubh—a sentient book of unthinkable evil—has possessed her body and will stop at nothing in its insatiable quest for power.
The fate of Man and Fae rests on destroying the book and recovering the long-lost Song of Making, the sole magic that can repair the fragile fabric of the Earth. But to achieve these aims, sidhe-seers, the Nine, Seelie, and Unseelie must form unlikely alliances and make heart-wrenching choices. For Barrons and Jada, this means finding the Seelie Queen who alone can wield the mysterious song, negotiating with a lethal Unseelie prince hell-bent on ruling the Fae courts, and figuring out how to destroy the Sinsar Dubh while keeping Mac alive.
This time, there’s no gain without sacrifice, no pursuit without risk, no victory without irrevocable loss. In the battle for Mac’s soul, every decision exacts a tremendous price.
There is a great post on Karen’s Facebook page which talks about what you can expect from Feversong…and beyond. You can find it HERE.
- Oh, Sherrilyn Kenyon keeps on rocking the upcoming new releases, too. June 27th is the date for yet another League book, Born of Trouble.
Sigh…well, I didn’t think I had enough to make a decent-sized post, but once again my long winded rambling won out. Are any of these developments something you are looking forward to? What news have you heard? How do you feel about the Rob Thurman situation?