I don’t know if I have enough info to do a full “this and that” updating post, but then it might be nice to have something that is under a million rambling words, right?
- Let’s start with site stuff. You might notice that I did pull some of the character guides that were either obsolete or very out of date with no hope of being updated. That said, I did keep a copy of them all and I can email any of them to anyone who needs them. That includes The Chronicles of Nick, White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, and The Midnight Breed guides. Just send me an email if you need any of them.
- Christine Feehan‘s release schedule has been updated a bit to include dates for the next Leopard People and Torpedo Ink books. Leopard’s Run will be released on October 30th, and Torpedo Ink #2 will be out on January 3rd.
- There is a little teaser synopsis for Gena Showalter‘s new Gods of War series up on Amazon. The first book is called Shadow and Ice, and it will be released on October 30th…
“After being trapped in an ice prison for centuries, a group of otherworldly immortals have finally broken free. In a bid to rule the earth, their fight to the death resumes, and the whole world becomes a gladiator arena. But this time, these savage warriors will risk more than their lives and the survival of their realms; they’ll also risk their hearts.”
- Ilona Andrews had a competition over on their blog to pick the name of the newest Innkeeper Chronicles story featuring Maud and Arland. The winning title was Sweep of the Blade. They also did an interesting Q&A session over there, as well. If you pour over the questions, there is some good news (they are in talks with Avon for more Hidden Legacy books) and some not so great news (it doesn’t seem like there will be any more Derek-and-Julie stories). But I will take what I can get.
- Shades of Wicked from Jeanine Frost has gone up for pre-order on Amazon, which makes it a real thing in my world. It is also showing a hardcover release, which is news to me, but I will keep an eye out for more info.
- I had mentioned in a previous post that J.R. Ward will be starting a new contemporary series early next year that will feature firefighters. Turns out the title of the first book will be Consumed.
- The next Argeneau Vampires book from Lynsay Sands will be called Vampires Like It Hot, and it will be released on September 25th.
- October 30th is shaping up to be a pretty epic release day. According to Amazon.com, Nalini Singh‘s next Guild Hunter book is due out then, as well, and it will be called Archangel’s Prophecy. No clue on whose story it is as yet, though.
- Mercy Thompson #11 from Patricia Briggs will be called Storm Cursed, and it will be released next March. I had seen a listing somewhere showing the Tom and Moira spin-off book as a September 2017 release, but I can’t find it now. I don’t think I was dreaming it, but who knows at this point?
- I’m really hoping this is a misprint, but it looks like we might have quite a wait for the next Elder Races story from Thea Harrison. Lionheart is showing a December 2018 release. I haven’t come across anything else in progress, either. Have you heard what Thea has on the go? Is there another story due out before Lionheart? If not, that is an 18 month period between releases, which seems odd to me.
- And finally, the second Lowtown book from Lindsay J. Pryor now has a title. Rogue will be released on November 22nd.
Yeah, I had more than enough for the post. Have you heard of anything coming up in the PNR/UF world? Any new releases you are really anticipating?