Living in the back end of absolute nowhere, things like book signings and author appearances are not something I will ever get to attend. The next best thing, though, is that PheonixFyre sent over a transcript of the Cincinnati Q & A with J.R. Ward and Karen Marie Moning. I am pretty sure the Fallen Angels is my next completed series to marathon (after I finish Women of the Otherworld), so I am looking forward to checking this out. Oh, and….
First up is a brief session with Karen Marie Moning:
KMM Q: In the next book, is Danny going to be more than 14?
- A: Yes, she will be. And she will be sexually viable.
KMM Q: The teasers that you’ve been posting, how much time has passed since the last book?
- A: That’s a really good question. Keep reading.
KMM Q: Are you going to sell the options to the books?
- A: The options have expired, and I’m actually happy about that, because I would prefer to see it as a TV series.
KMM Q: Are we going to see more of the Highlanders?
And then the session with J.R. Ward:
Q: How much of the Angels are we going to see in future BDB books?
- A: Ed and Adrian are going to be tasked with finding Lassiter. So we just have to catch the BDB timeline up with the Angels.
Q: Will we ever see the main characters in Story of Son in future BDB stories?
- A: I don’t know if we’ll see them again.
Q: Devina keeps saying she wants a man as evil as she is, and that makes me think of Lash. Is that going to be the next book?
- A: I can’t release the name of the book after Shadows.
Q: The teaser on FB that you think you aren’t allowed to write…can you tell us what that is?
- A: I’m going to have to keep quiet about that, because I’m going to have to ease my boss into that.
Q: Will Adrian and Eddie get their own books?
- A: Yes, but not for a while, because I already know who the next two books are. But I can’t say.
Q: Can you tell me if you’re going to have the SV give Wrath his sight back?
- A: No, it’s just where Wrath is now. But the SV is coming back at some point.
Q: Is The Bourbon Kings about werewolves and is it set in the Southern U.S.?
- A: It’s not about werewolves but is set in the South. Imagine Downton Abby set in the south. There will be a signing in the beginning of April for the Shadows, then a signing for the BK around the first of August. And there’s a new series coming out next year that the BDB fans will love. But there won’t be werewolves in that one, either.
Q: Selena is the first dark haired, darker skinned chosen we’ve seen so far. Is Selena the product of a mating of the Primale and someone other than a Chosen?
- A: The problem is whether I tell you now or let you read it in her book. She is a product of the Primale, but it matters the Primale is at the time. The thing that we sometimes forget is that Rhage is blonde, blue-eyed, but the rest are more olive, dark-toned.
Q: Will Murhder be in other books?
- A: I thought he was in this book, but I’m not sure if he shows up before the end or not. But he will definitely be coming back.
Q: Who is the model on the cover of The Shadows?
- A: I don’t know, NY does that, but they tried to match my description of the tats.
Q: What’s going to happen between Layla and Xcor?
- A: A whole helluva lot of Barry White. Their relationship goes to another level in the shadows.
Q: How was Devina able to keep one of the Swarovski shoes when everything else went?
- A: She starts the book with the shoes, so she ends the book with the shoes. I look at it as a gift from the Creator.
Q: Devina is so crazy. Can we see more of her therapist?
- A: The therapist was God. So the therapist we saw doesn’t actually exist.
Q: At the end of Immortal, when Jim was in the kitchen, he was talking about “her”. Who was he referring to?
Q: Are there other Chosen who go back and forth in between the worlds? Will we see more of them?
- A: Those Chosen aren’t very compelling characters, so they need to live more life in this world to be interesting.
Q: You’ve said before that some things are more than they appear. What more is Boo?
- A: I know, but I’m not saying.
Q: The Purgatory that we saw in Immortal…is that where Wellsie was?
- A: Yep, it’s the same In Between.
Q: The beginning books were all Lover Something. Now we’re going with titles that being with “The.” So is this a new theme?
- A: I could see this being a thing, because there’s only so many “Lovers” you can do.
Q: What about the Rhage and Mary novella? Is it almost finished?
- A: I think you’ll be reading about them in the future.
Q: Fritz was seventy seven when he was working for that other family, and he left that employment. What would make him do that at his age?
- A: I like to think he was unhappy, and when Darius established his own household, Fritz went with him.
Q: Do Assail and Sola get together.
Q: Is Assail the one who drives the Rolls Royce?
Q: We have to get Adrian and Eddie caught up to BDB. How long are we talking?
- A: Hmmm, it doesn’t take us very long, maybe a month or so.
Q: How much of s’Ex and the Queen are we going to see?
- A: I don’t want to see the Queen, I want to see s’Ex. But I’m going to warn you need to get your tissues ready. Something happens at the beginning of the Shadows that changes s’Ex’ entire trajectory.
Q: Does iAm have sex?
- A: Yeah….But I’m not saying with who.
Q: Do the twins share a mate?
- A: Nope, they each get their own.
Q: Is iAm’s mate going to be female?
- A: Yes, his mate is female, but I’m not saying who today.
Q: Is the SV going to get it together?
- A: She shows up in the beginning of the Shadows.
Q: Any idea who Saxton ends up with?
- A: I have an idea, but not sure.
Q: Will the SV and the Omega have a confrontation?
- A: I’m sure they’ll have to, eventually.
Q: So Devina’s not going to be redeemed?
- A: I just think she and Lash would make a lovely couple
Q: Is it possible that Qhuinn is adopted?
- A: No, he is the blooded brother of Luchas.
Q: Are we going to find more about the other Bastards?
- A: You will and those will be interesting books, especially if they all come around the way I think they will.
Q: Are JM and Blay going to be made Brothers?
- A: I will tell you they will, but I can’t say when yet. All of these plotlines run into the future, so, it’s hard to say which book that will fall in.
Q: Where is Qhuinn’s brother, Luchas?
- A: He’s in the Training Center med center. He has an infection in his leg that’s hampering his recovery.
Q: What about Lassiter and Devina getting together?
Q: Will Butch and Marissa have a baby.
- A: I guess, but I don’t know.
Q: Will be see more of Blay and Qhuinn?
- A: You’ll see more of them in Layla’s book, though you’ll see a lot of Qhuinn in this book with his brother.
Q: What about Nick Rhodes from Story of Son and the Jessica Bird books?
- A: We’ll see of more of him.
Q: What was Lassiter doing when he created the Dead Sea?
- A: Messing around. He’s awesome, I love him.
Q: Will we see more of Abalone and his daughter, Paradise?
- A: Yes, they’ll be in future books. Right now, she’s a year or two out of her transition.
Q: What kinds of things go on between characters who knew one another before they were involved in the BDB?
- A: That’s kind of like a love story for Fritz. It would be interesting but not very explosive.
Q: What about another IG and a map of the mansion?
- A: I just don’t have time for another IG or those kinds of details and backstories right now.
Q: Will Lassiter have a book and a mate?
Q: Who was the “her” Vishous was talking about when he was giving Lassiter grief in previous book?
- A: The “her” will come out as we learn more of the backstory between Vishous, Lassiter, and Throe.
Q: Why does Jim keep having sex with Devina?
- A: Part of the reason is that it’s one way for him to express his anger with her. I kind of think it has to do with the evil in him. It’s not love.
Q: Why do we hear about Fritz but not other doggen? We never see children and families, just older doggen.
- A: It’s a part of the world that’s just not that explosive and interesting.
Q: Devina keeps going after Jim. Why will she want Lash?
- A: Devina loves Jim because he has redeemable qualities but what appeals to her about Lash, is that he’s not redeemable. For her, that’s part of her attraction to Lash. He doesn’t give a shit and so she’s going to be drawn by that. He’s going to be an obsession, because she loves the chase and she needs to collect.
Q: Why did other characters come back from FA previous books?
- A: Sissy was seeing the halos above the heads of the souls in play. She had to understand that Jim was the soul in play so others had to come back so she could understand the pattern.
Q: Will Jim and Sissy stay in heaven or come back?
- A: They’re in Heaven and won’t come back.
Q: When Lash and Devina come back, will they look human or be their disgusting selves?
- A: They’ll look the same as they appear to humans now.
Q: When is Layla giving birth? Will that create a lot of drama?
- A: Yes, it does. Things get so bad for Xcor. Some of it isn’t even his fault. Xcor is one of my favorite people.
Q: Who did Xcor save in the alley?
- A: Xcor saved Tohrment’s life in the alley. That event was recorded by a human. So it’s coming that humans realize there are vampires.
Q: Does Blay accept the baby?
- A: He’s wonderful with the baby and his parents accept the baby.
Q: When will she have the baby, the next book?
- A: I can’t say, I’m not sure how far ahead we get. It’s a really big book.
Q: Is the new fore-lesser Lash?
Q: How far along is Layla at the beginning of The Shadows?
Q: In this book will we find out what is wrong with Selena?
- A: Yes, absolutely. But I have to say, this book didn’t turn out the way I expected.
Q: Are you saying we’re going to be mad at you after the next books?
- A: It’s not me, I just write what I see.
Q: Will you ever write about the next generation of BDB, like Little Wrath, Nalla, and Ahgony?
- A: I don’t know. We’ll just have to see.
Q: Why can Adrian now have an erection? Is that because he got rid of the evil inside him?
- A: What Adrian assumed from Matthias, it was evil that latched onto him. When it was expelled, he was cleansed.
Q: What is the origin of the evil and was it in Eddie?
- A: No, Eddie never had sex with Devina, so was never corrupted like the others, which was the point.
Q: Will Adrian keep having wandering hands?
Q: Will we see the relationship between Butch and Manny.
- A: I want to see the paternal relationship and find out who’s the daddy.
Q: When are the Brothers going to go back to kicking a$$.
- A: I think the BoB has been more visible in the field than the Brothers have recently, because their primary directive is to protect the King. So, now that the threat has eased, we should see them fighting more.
Q: What happened to the trainees and will we see them again?
- A: That’s such an interesting question….
Q: Do Adrian and Eddie hate Lassiter for the same reason or do they each have their own? Is there a big thing that made everyone hate him?
- A: Lassiter is just annoying and gets off on annoying people. There is a specific event that happened involving Lassiter, Throe, Vishous and Throe’s sister. So, the details will come out in future books.
Q: What’s the difference between the matings between the Brothers and their shellans and the matings of civilians?
- A: Because of the pureness of the blood, they seem to bond more deeply.
Q: Which characters do you not love?
- A: Caith, the slut ho bag from the first two books. I don’t like loose women. I don’t have a trouble with loose men. I don’t like Havers at all. I don’t like the woman who was with the entire BoB, who was married to the old guy. I didn’t like the SV initially but like her now. I didn’t like Beth’s boss, Dick. I like Devina but I still don’t like Lash, partly because of the scene with JM in the bathroom.
Q: Does your mother read your books.
Q: When Qhuinn talked about running away, he mentioned going to a rebel camp out west?
- A: Yes, there are definitely more vampires, and we’ll see more of them in future books, but I’m never sure when these things happen until I write each book.
Q: How long of a series is The Bourbon Kings?
- A: It’s open-ended and will just depend on how it goes. It’s similar to Dynasty. It’s more about the emotional stuff.
Q: Adrian and Eddie will get their own books within the BDB?
- A: I’m guessing so, but I’m not sure. Based on what I know of the backstory for Lassiter, I think that’s what happens.
Q: In Lover at Last, it seemed as if there wasn’t the same level of passion as the other couples. Was this intentional, or was it the result of your discomfort with writing male/male sex?
- A: I don’t think it was different than the others. It felt the same to me.
Thanks again to PheonixFyre for sending this over. I always swear I will avoid spoilers, but I just can’t resist.