Updating time again, and there are a couple of things to mention from the author pages…
- The fifth (and I believe final) book in Anne Bishop‘s The Others series now has a name. Etched in Bone will be released next March.
- And next March will also see the last Chicagoland Vampires book from Chloe Neill, which will be called Blade Bound.
- Jeaniene Frost‘s third Broken Destiny book will be called The Brightest Flame, and it will be out next July.
- There will be an Elemental Assassin novella from Jennifer Estep released this December, and it will be called Nice Guys Bite.
- Nihcki sent over word that the second Black Dagger Legacy book from J.R. Ward, Blood Vow, will feature Axe and Elise. It has a release date of December 6th.
- Probably coming as a shock to no one at all, Lora Leigh‘s next Breeds book has gotten a quite hefty push-back. Originally due for release on October 6th, it looks like Wake a Sleeping Tiger won’t hit the shelves until next March.
- Ooooh, the official blurb for Nalini Singh‘s next Guild Hunters book, Archangel’s Heart, is now out. And wow…
One of the most vicious archangels in the world has disappeared. No one knows if Lijuan is dead or has chosen to Sleep the long sleep of an immortal. But with her lands falling into chaos under a rising tide of vampiric bloodlust, a mysterious and ancient order of angels known as the Luminata calls the entire Cadre together to discuss the fate of her territory.
Accompanying her archangelic lover Raphael to the Luminata compound, guild hunter-turned-angel Elena senses that all is not as it seems. Secrets echo from within the stone walls of the compound, and the deeper Elena goes, the uglier the darkness. But neither Raphael nor Elena is ready for the brutal truths hidden within—truths that will change everything Elena thinks she knows about who she is…
Nothing will ever be the same again.
- And finally, the title for the next Mercy Thompson book from Patricia Briggs has been announced, and it looks like the 10th book will be called Silence Fallen.
So, that wraps things up for today’s post. Are you looking forward to any of these (duh)? Have you got any new info to share?
I thought for something a little different, I would start a thread about what direction we see some of our popular series heading in for the next year. Sometimes, you just get a vibe about something, so let’s share our wild theories and predictions. Here are a few of mine… Hm, not so much a… Continue reading Predictions and Crack-Pot Theories…
So, I am diving into updating the character guide for The Breeds. Usually it takes me a while to do it, mostly because I have to brace myself to tackle the endless issues that come with it. The errors and changes in backstory make me nuts, since I have to basically re-edit the entire thing… Continue reading My Mind. The Pain.
I was a total, utter failure this week, reading a grand total of zero new books. Nada. I did manage to re-read the very, very short first book of Christine Feehan‘s Drake Sisters series, Magic in the Wind. Keep in mind, that one clocks in at only a little over a hundred pages, so I… Continue reading Weekly Wrap-Up
Another week, another weekly wrap up. This one was a bit on the slow side, with only a few reads under my belt. I finished up a re-read of Air Bound by Christine Feehan for the character guide. I had forgotten much of the storyline, so I am glad I did a refresher before the… Continue reading Weekly Wrap Up…
Just a quick note to let you know that the new release dates have once again been updated. There actually weren’t that many that shifted around, surprisingly (and for a nice change). The only one that really stands out is Blood of the Earth by Faith Hunter, which is the first book of her Jane… Continue reading Site Updates…
Let’s start off with the the thanks part. Way back when I originally started Wicked Scribes, I set it up basically for myself. I wanted something online to play around with, and something that would let me keep track of the books I had, the ones I wanted to get, and the ones that might… Continue reading Pick of the Week…and a Big, Big Thanks.
So, yeah. I figured Nalini Singh‘s Shards of Hope would take the book of the month for June. In fact, I would’ve been shocked if it hadn’t. I do have to admit, though, that I wasn’t expecting quite the blowout that it was. Shards of Hope – 153 votes. Runner up – 11. My other… Continue reading June BotM and Giveaway…That Was Close
Just a quick note to say that both author pages and the new release pages have been updated, and while I was at it I came across two new covers. The first one is from Christine Feehan and her Leopard series. Wild Cat is the 8th book in the series, and it is due out… Continue reading Cover Lover – 2 New Titles
Monday is always the day I try and spotlight any new series that are starting up. There weren’t any for this week, so I thought I would give a shout-out to the very opposite of a new series instead. There are a few long-running series around, including Lora Leigh‘s Breeds and Christine Feehan‘s Carpathians, but… Continue reading Absolutely a Not-New Series Alert and Giveaway